April 23, 2010

Einstein


"I swim, swim in a flickering. The relays clatter in my head...dreamy phase! I race through the convolutions of my brain, I look through the vitreous spheres of my eyes...exquisite speech bubbles burst in my brain, bespatter my perception, drip from furniture. In a rabble of words from condensed perceptual mist! The echo of the anthropomorphic shit resounds from every atom, to form calcified vessels. My watch ticks...tic-toc, like a small bird in a steel case, my head is a glass bubble through which one can glimpse a frantic ticking cog wheel mechanism -- and here, here in my pocket I have a little key with which I can set this mechanism in motion whenever I want."
- From the autobiography of Albert Einstein by Gerhard Roth (1972), via A Journey Round My Skull


What a dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment