July 10, 2010

Exercise!



An amazing photo from Ivan Monge. Look at that hair! And everything!

This rain right now is lovely.

I am looking forward to getting back in to yoga next week. My muscles and bones are yearning for it. After considering all other options, I have decided to take the plunge and go right back to Bikram, taking it super-easy at first while my body readjusts to the heat and the postures, some of which are likely to be beyond me for a while yet! Bikram is really challenging but it makes me feel so fucking amazing that I don't even want to try anything else.

It will be an intense week, for sure! Patternmaking starts Monday, which is so damn exciting. Yoga will definitely help keep my energy levels up. You know what would also help? Halting my current takeaways-and-junk-food obsession. I'm going to try be smart, but goddamn I love candy. And curry. Brooklyn is dangerous. I'm budgeting for a week's worth of healthy low-key bought lunches to take the pressure off of sorting my shit out in the kitchen.

Next nine on the playlist:
♠ Overwhelmed, Beneath Me - Black Tape for a Blue Girl
♠ Blood Section - Swans
♠ Dress - PJ Harvey
♠ Hey Pretty - Poe
♠ Love Theme from Twin Peaks - Angelo Badalamenti
♠ The Turn - M.I.A
♠ For Tammy Rae - Bikini Kill
♠ Dirty Business - Dresden Dolls
♠ Cowboys - Portishead

Via Sarah Wilson: Lily Allen searches for meaning... and the doubters hate on her -

"A lot of my life is very vacuous. It doesn’t have a lot of substance and I guess I feel it’s a bit pointless. And, yes, coming here makes me feel I can put my fame to good use. I’m not pretending to know everything and I don’t understand this as well as I should, but I’m here to get my head around it."

Lily is just awesome. I would love to take her for coffee.

Work today was rad; a new epic playlist which made the world seem fresh, casual happy conversations with Cuba St locals, smooth energy, super-hot vege Roti Chanai from Satay Palace for lunch ($6.80 ♥), laughing with Ish, wearing my old clothes refashioned into cool new things, being grateful.

People have been smiling all over the place today!

Right now I am going to snuggle into bed and fall asleep thinking about Cam cuddling me and missing him and wishing him happy adventures.

It has been a good day. Motivation is a can of worms.

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment