September 26, 2010

Being Optimistic

Via Ffffound


My new criteria for choosing non fiction books is that reading it will make me feel good.

Right now I am reading: 'Leap! Ditch Your Job, Start Your Business and Set Yourself Free' by Ian Sanders and 'All Time Essentials for Entrepreneurs' by Jonathan Yates.

Both inspiring and awesome.

Thursday, after being fortified this morning with McDonalds of Doom for breakfast and a surreal detour in to Warhammer HQ with Cam, I finalised the Pennyroyal logo and bought a bunch of beautiful paper sheets from Gordon Harris to play with.

There is so much to do and so many exciting things going on. Having to take it easy because of my health is frustrating sometimes, but I'm trying (and mostly suceeding!) to keep it positive.

♠ I made twelve rings this week

♠ Since leaving Tech, being able to chill when my body needs it, I have needed to put my feet up less often

♠ Pennyroyal has a logo! Yuss!

♠ I am mulling over a bunch of ideas for packaging and labelling, and excitedly sourcing wares for another batch of goodies

♠ I have a bunch of amazing, supportive people in my life ♥

In the past I would have been really bummed out and mopey about having to leave work early due to being sore on Saturday, and not being able to go out to the No Love Lost vs. RockRavenNinja show that night for the same reason. Feeling sad&sorry for myself about not being able to graduate from Tech.

Not anymore though!

Let me tell you, it is so much easier on your sense of self, aiming to be accepting of whatever is going on in the present, and just doing what can with what you have got right now in order to move forward and upwards, onwards. Beyond.

Optimism is woefully underrated. That, and making lists.

♥,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lissa
    I'm really glad to hear you are enjoying my book 'Leap!'. Let me know how it inspires your working life...
    all the best
    Ian Sanders

    ReplyDelete